You know how you always turn down the volume on the radio when you need to think clearly about something complicated or confusing?
The same is true for your life in general. The noise you need to cut out to concentrate? That’s the noise in your head – the busy, worried thoughts screaming over your better judgment.
Turning down the radio refocuses your mind and offers you clarity when you need it most. You don’t really think about how or why this makes such a huge difference, you just know that it does.
Now it’s time to apply this same strategy to all the other noise in your life, starting with the noise in your head. And although it’s not quite as easy as spinning the radio’s volume dial, the good news is you can quiet your mind and train it to think more rationally simply by reminding yourself to do so every day. Some people call them affirmations or convictions, Marc and I call them mantras, but in any case these daily reminders keep you on track by keeping peaceful, productive thoughts at the top of your mind, even when life gets noisy.
Here are ten quotes that can be used as mantras (silent reminders) to help tweak your thoughts and quiet your anxious mind:
1. Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality. So pay close attention to the thoughts you choose. They have a way of becoming real.
2. There is absolutely nothing about your present circumstances that prevents you from making progress, one step at a time.
3. Worry, and you get what you worry about. Work, and you get what you work for. It’s often just that simple.
4. True purpose has no time limit. True purpose has no deadline. Don’t worry and stress yourself out. Just do the one thing you can right now.
5. You have to accept that some chapters in our lives have to close without closure. There’s no point in losing yourself by trying to fix what’s meant to stay broken.
6. Everyone you meet can teach you something important. In fact, the people who are the most difficult to deal with can also be your most valuable teachers.
7. Take constructive criticism seriously, but not personally. Listen, and then operate with your own intuition and wisdom as your guide.
8. Don’t run away from things; run toward them – the best way to move away from something negative is to move toward something positive.
9. Some life changes look negative and painful on the surface, but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new and beautiful to emerge.
10. Feeling stuck is a FEELING, not a fact. So never assume that you’re stuck with the way things are. Life changes every second, and so can you.